Tuesday, May 12, 2009

oopsy daisy, LLC








Web Address:
www.oopsydaisybb.com
Business Type: We manufacture all natural products for babies & kids

Owner: Debby DeOliveira
Number of children: 2 girls, Lili 4 ½ & Emmy 3
Year Started: 2008

What did you do before you became a WAHM?
I was in Real Estate, both in sales and development.

Describe your business/products:
oopsy daisy creates and manufactures all natural bath and body products for little ones. Our products contain NO Sulfates, Parabens, Propylene Glycol, Phthalates and all the other yucky stuff! We have also just launched team oopsy daisy a home party opportunity for moms who want to earn income in a flexible way without taking away time from their families.


What was your inspiration?

It all started when my second daughter was born. My daughter Lili was at the “I do it myself” stage and insistent on feeding herself. Needless to say, she was going to need some practice. With most of her food ending up in her hair, I knew I needed help!

That’s when I had an idea! I spent the next 8 months bringing my 3rd child into the world. oopsy daisy! beautiful baby™, was born when I created our all natural High Chair Hair Care “The Original Rinse Free Shampoo For Kids!” and No Bath Bubble Bath Rinse Free Body Wash. Now when my girls get into a mess, it’s not a problem. I have what I need to clean them up anytime, anywhere with No Water Needed!

What has been your most successful marketing technique?
I give a lot of product away to charities, which creates lots of exposure. I have lots of requests for product to review from moms that blog and that has been great. And the occasional celebrity event, that's how we were featured on the TODAY SHOW!


WAHM advice?

Balance, I am challenged with it every day. We work at home to be there for our families, but it’s hard to leave your work at the “office”. Also, find something your passionate about, it makes the work fun and remember why you are doing it!

What has been the hardest part of starting your own business?
The time it takes, it can be all consuming. Also, when starting a business it can take a large financial investment and you don’t get a paycheck right away. There are sacrifices to make, but, I look at the big picture. I’m doing this for my family and that gets me through day to day. What has been the most surprising?
The friends I have made. I have met so many other creative, hard working women. A lot of us are in the same boat and the support we get from each other is great!

What has been the most exciting?

We have won awards which is always exciting, our products and I have been featured on different TV programs, which is really fun. But, really the most rewarding thing is to hear from other moms how our products have helped them and made their lives a little bit easier. It’s hard work being a mom and it doesn’t matter if you work or stay at home, getting through the day is challenging for all of us.
__________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment